9 Strategies To Build Recurring Revenue In Your Digital Agency
Working With Venture Capitalists and Building a Talented Team
With Amy Hanlon
Amy Hanlon, president of Blue Meta Design, visually showcases the impactful stories of startups through graphic design, partnering with VC’s on cutting-edge investments.
A small branding agency located in the Mid-South, Blue Meta Design is client-focused, servicing companies that are changing the world and their communities.
- How Amy started working with VC’s
- Did a great idea show up? Here’s how Amy’s business needs to react
- What is the difference between funding levels and what the business needs? (Think websites for a Pre-Seed vs. Series B company)
- How design is approached to be PERFECT for what a company needs
- How Amy hires the right people for big work and keeps them challenged and fresh
- How Amy structures her 3-part interview process
Lightning Round with Amy Hanlon
- Best advice: Trust your gut
- A habit that contributes to success: Love for spreadsheets
- Recommended tool: Figma
- Recommended book: Storybrand by Donald Miller
Connect with Amy Hanlon
Quotes from Amy Hanlon
- “It’s an extremely fast-paced world.”
- “I know you don’t have revenue yet, but you do have that big seed investment!”
- “They know what it takes to create scale through capital.”
- “These visual trends move through the tech world.”
- “I know I’m going to ruffle some feathers, but…If you’re asking someone to do projects, pay them for their time.”
- “Call it a vibe check!”
- “I’ve learned that three is the key.”
Takeaways From Working With Venture Capitalists and Building a Talented Team
- Think about what a business needs right now. For example, do they need a fancy, detailed website if they’re a lawn care company?
- drThree-part interviews have been perfect for Amy’s business: not too long, but you’re able to really see who someone is
Sponsors For The Digital Agency Show
Ready for a managed hosting provider that is going to get your clients the performance, reliability, and support you need? Get started with Cloudways today with a $50 hosting credit using code “DASCW”.
Outsourcing services for digital agencies–website design & development, ecommerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M.