9 Strategies To Build Recurring Revenue In Your Digital Agency
Let Go of the Vine and Support a Successful Team
With Marama Carmichael
Marama Carmichael is the founder of an award-winning marketing and brand agency, Oracle Tree, and she’s also the author of Amazon best-seller, Fixing Frankenstein: How to Take the Monster Out of Running Your Small Business.
Oracle Tree helps SMBs to fix their “Frankenstein”, also known as grow and scale.
She’s been a mentor with UGURUS since almost the beginning and has helped around 300 agencies change their business through our program.
Episode highlights with Marama Carmichael
- How Marama’s agency has evolved in the last couple years
- How to successfully hand off clients to a team
- Who all benefits when you “let go of the vine”
- What does it mean to “fix Frankenstein”?
- Was writing a book worth it in the end?
- What is the path like in putting a book together?
Lightning Round with Marama Carmichael
- Best advice: Hire people smarter than you
- Habit that contributes to success: Personal development and self-awareness
- Recommended tool: Teamwork and DALL-E – AI generated
- Recommended book: Traction by Gino Wickman
Connect with Marama Carmichael, plus resources
- Previous episode with Marama (one of our most popular episodes!)
- Oracletree.com – Marama’s agency site
- FixingFrankenstein.com for book info
- Buy here on Amazon
- [email protected] – feel free to reach out!
Quotes from Marama Carmichael’s episode
- “We’ve been doing this for years. We’ll show you how!”
- “We forget, as leaders, that we have to be given permission to lead. The other alpha in the room needs to leave.”
- “Just because someone isn’t going to do it the exact way you would do it, it doesn’t mean it isn’t an equally valid way.”
- “That was probably the best thing I ever did.”
- “I’m a better system creator than system follower.”
- “By week seven, the train isn’t running anymore.”
- “I just kept breaking out of the box, until it wasn’t in a box anymore.”
- Marama’s agency starts clients with strategy and what is working/not working. From there, her team takes over and makes everything happen.
- Letting go is helpful to many people for many reasons.
Sponsors For The Digital Agency Show
Ready for a managed hosting provider that is going to get your clients the performance, reliability, and support you need? Get started with Cloudways today with a $50 hosting credit using code “DASCW”. Outsourcing services for digital agencies–website design & development, eCommerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M.