Man vs Machine: The Future of AI and Copywriting
With Aaron Wrixon
WRIXON founder Aaron Wrixon has been paid for writing well over 8 million words. That’s the equivalent of 13 copies of War and Peace.
Aaron has written for more than 150 different industries across the English-speaking world and is a Wall Street Journal bestseller.
He lives in Canada with his wife and two daughters.
Do you have a SaaS company that could use some brilliant copywriting? Hit him up for some help!
Episode highlights with Aaron Wrixon
- Should AI write important pages on your website? Just turn to AI-generated pickup lines to find out
- What is Google considering when it comes to AI-generated content?
- Are we safe? How Tesla technology relates to AI copy and that human touch
- What does Aaron use AI for?
- How a mysterious metaphor works to describe AI’s place vs copywriters
Lightning Round with Aaron Wrixon
- Best advice: Keep going, keep trying
- Habit that contributes to success: Persistence
- Recommended tools: ChatGPT, Just In Mind for wireframing, Evernote, Mindmeister, and Descript
- Recommended books: Reality in Advertising by Rosser Reeves, This Could Be Our Future by Yancey Strickler, Magic Words: Tips for how to use persuasive language by Phil M Jones
Connect with Aaron Wrixon, plus resources
- “Using a ps to get more response” – Wrixon.com
- Previous episode with Aaron
- AI pickup lines (use with caution)
Quotes from Aaron Wrixon’s episode
- “Where does this go, how does this sift out in the next 18 months?”
- “What’s missing? The piece that humans do.”
- “Maybe it’s the C-player copywriter that gets cut.”
- “You and I both know that positions you as a commodity at the bottom of the barrel.”
- “It’s like a master chef vs a microwave dinner.”
- “There’s a chunk of people that see no difference.”
- “Let’s talk about Clubhouse!”
Takeaways from Aaron Wrixon’s episode
- There’s a human element that generative text can’t feel and understand. It cannot make facts, or write “the benefits of the benefits”.
- Tire shop? Different needs can allow AI to create different levels of writing quality.
Are you a highrise building? ‘Cause I’m head over heels for you!
And please enjoy an AI-generated image of Aaron Wrixon’s fave actor as Ronald McDonald:
Sponsors For The Digital Agency Show
Ready for a managed hosting provider that is going to get your clients the performance, reliability, and support you need? Get started with Cloudways today with a $50 hosting credit using code “DASCW”. Outsourcing services for digital agencies–website design & development, e-commerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M.