E74: Lessons from Hubspot’s agency survey with Lauren Hintz
Unlimited WordPress tasks for digital agencies at a fixed monthly cost with UnlimitedWP, get 25% your first month with code “das2020” (sponsored).
Lauren Hintz, Hubspot’s Sales Products Senior Marketing Manager, has spent the last two years working in the Agency Partner Program and recently worked on a project looking into 1,000 agency owners and employees to create a massive evaluation on how they run. Hubspot is an all-in-one marketing, sales and service platform that has been working with agencies since 2010 when they launched their marketing agency partner program.
- Lauren and Brent dig into the results of a 58-page document evaluating agencies, their struggles, their goals and more.
- Find out what #1 major challenge agency owners share.
- Learn how many agencies are customizing most of their projects — usually to their detriment.
- You might be surprised to learn how much money agencies have on-hand, and how many are perpetually waiting for payment to run their business.
- Best advice: done is better than perfect
- Personal habit that contributes to success: daily running and getting away from the desk
- Internet resource or tool: Cozi for organizing
- Book recommendation: The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhitt
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhitt
- Hubspot Agency Partner Program
- Hubspot Agency Directory
- [email protected]
- Survey results
- “I would use our team to do our own stuff.”
- “Just because your core team can do that work, doesn’t mean they should.”
- “How do you get that time back?”
- “How often is it more work than you anticipated?”
- “You can learn anything online.”
- Reach out to fellow agency owners that may share some common difficulties with you. It’s a great conversation starter, and a way to learn and connect!