With Aiden Foster
Aidan Foster is a UX Designer and Front-End Web Architect.
He is the owner of Foster Interactive, which is a web design agency in Toronto, Canada.
Aidan describes himself as being obsessive about processes (in a good way) and uses tools and processes to improve the quality of both a website’s design & code, all while maintaining a careful balance between the needs of stakeholders and a site’s end-user audience.
He is actively involved in the open-source community, the president of the local non-profit Drupal Toronto organization, and vice president of Drupal North, which hosts Canada’s largest annual Drupal Conference.
- Building navigation structures based on user experience (UX)
- What is UX design?
- Organizing a website for an organization with a lot of stakeholders
- What the process of organizing a website architecture looks like
- What you can do to prepare for a website upgrade
- Best advice: Hire a bookkeeper as your first employee.
- Habit that contributes to success: Learning new things
- Recommended tool: Optimal Workshop, Typeform
- Recommended book: Don’t Make Me Think by Steve Krug, Rocket Surgery Made Easy by Steve Krug
- Website: https://fosterinteractive.com/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aidanfoster/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/finteractive
- “UX design is when you identify the needs of your audience and you identify the needs of your organization and you systematically find the overlap where there is some boundary between those two things. That is where people can solve their problems with your solution.”
- “We become an end-user advocate and bring that advocacy for end users to the table and remind folks of what our market research shows what people actually need.”
- “When you know you’re going to be doing a website upgrade within the next year… start organizing the feedback that comes in.”
- “Doing something quick and simple is so much better and it’s like insurance on not building the website that people don’t use.”
- Be an advocate for the end-user experience
- Quick and simple is better than building a website that people don’t use
- Consider the UX in your website design
Want to see the episodes recorded live?
Join our Facebook group, Profitable Digital Agencies, for fun insider access, freebies, and connections to agency owners around the world!
Ready for a managed hosting provider that is going to get your clients the performance, reliability, and support you need? Get started with Cloudways today with a $50 hosting credit using code “DASCW” (sponsored).
Outsourcing services for digital agencies – website design & development, e-commerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M (sponsored).