Dec 14th @ 10am MT - Lead Gen Intensive w/ Brent Weaver
E228: From NFL player to true leadership wisdom with Bennie Fowler
Help your clients close more leads with a new all-in-one marketing platform that you can white-label, HighLevel (sponsored).
Outsourcing services for digital agencies – website design & development, e-commerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M (sponsored).
Bennie Fowler offers executive and leadership coaching. He played in the NFL for eight years and was part of Super Bowl 50 for the Denver Broncos. He had a chance to play with greats such as Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Tom Brady, and Drew Brees.
- What happened when Bennie was cut twice in the same season.
- How Bennie’s outlook on the potential for disappointment has evolved.
- How perspective changes your reality.
- What is true wisdom?
- What happens when you become an “accidental leader”.
- What first step you can take to get some perspective on how you lead.
- On honoring boundaries and avoiding burnout.
- How to have those hard conversations.
- Best advice: You have to go through it to get to it.
- Habit that contributes to success: My routine
- Recommended tool: Headspace for meditation
- Recommended book: The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari by Robin Sharma
- Run time: 33:10
- “What if the NFL doesn’t come calling back?”
- “I have so much life to live and sports is just a part of it.”
- “I was just living on a superficial level.”
- “You will determine your character by how you handle those failures.”
- “We always want to look at the positives in life, but it’s good to look at the negatives.”
- “It’s not ‘hot’ or ‘cold’ – it’s ‘temperature’.”
- “If you have to go through the situation again, how are you going to handle it? You’re going to handle it with so much more grace.”
- “True wisdom is being able to recognize it super quickly and move on.”
- “Oh crap, I’m a leader!”
- “They’re leaders – they’re leading themselves.”
- “You can always work on skills.”
- Look at both sides of your career: success and failures. What did you learn?
- You’re human. You’re going to react, and sometimes poorly, to tough situations. But, then what?
- Burnout is a choice. You need boundaries to be productive.