E207: A human-focused approach to writing content with Imogen Allen
Help your clients close more leads with a new all-in-one marketing platform that you can white-label, HighLevel (sponsored).
Outsourcing services for digital agencies – website design & development, e-commerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M (sponsored).
Imogen Allen Is a Website Strategist and the creator of The WIF®, She is on a quest to help stop projects waiting on content for all web agencies once and for all, and passionate about helping others find their website identity and championing websites that speak to humans in a language they understand.
- Figuring out what a unique value proposition is
- Looking for personality type as an audience
- How to discover your skillset (superpower)
- On talking to your current and previous clients/customer
- Using empathy to get into a client’s heads
- On making assumptions about your clients/customers
- Best advice: Never assume, always ask.
- Habit that contributes to success: Empathic tendency with people.
- Recommended tool: Canva – Digital Product Design and Development
- Recommended book: The Obstacle is the Way by Ryan Holiday
- Run time: 34:35
- “Everyone has different skill sets, everyone has a different way of interpreting life and people.”
- “Content impacts so many different agencies of different types.”
- “You need to know as an agency who you’re helping and why you’re helping. What the outcome is for them”
- “You can’t read the label from inside the bottle.”
- “We are so busy focused moving forward that sometimes we don’t look back.”
- “Straightforward questions reveal a lot.”
- “Sometimes it’s just asking the simple questions.”
- Finding your skillset. It’s okay to not be good at every single thing.
- Focusing on identity is not only a way to connect better with customers but being able to create content easier and faster.
- Don’t assume you know what people want.