E187: Build a strategic partnership with podcasts with Jake Jorgovan
Build websites faster and make clients happier with Zephyr CMS (sponsored).
Add a new revenue stream by reselling a white-labeled marketing and sales platform your clients will love at IgniteYourAgency.com (sponsored).
Jake Jorgovan is a Serial Entrepreneur, Author, Podcaster and Business Advisor.
He is the Founder of Lead Cookie, Content Allies, and Arete Incubator. Jake is also the host of the Working Without Pants Podcast and shares the raw lessons of his entrepreneurial journey at Jake-Jorgovan.com.
Jake’s professional focus is to build companies that enable freedom of time and financial profitability. He does that by being an active entrepreneur in the trenches and through training others on entrepreneurship, leadership, sales & marketing.
- How Jake managed to get his company to the ideal place it’s at right now.
- What happened when two of Jake’s employees literally became partners in the company.
- On working the issue and resistance.
- How long you need to go in on a project to see if it’s worth it.
- The big benefit of podcasting—it’s not just about the audience.
- How to start a strategic partnership on a podcast without any overly-pitchy feelings.
- Best advice: Your business is a reflection of yourself.
- Habit that contributes to success: Morning routine.
- Recommended tools: Process Street
- Recommended book: How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie
- Run time: 36:16
- Previous Digital Agency Show interview with Jake
- Working Without Pants podcast
- Lead Cookie
- Content Allies
- Process Street
- How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie
- “Become more of a coach to your team as opposed to the one giving the orders.”
- “How can I make this work for the next person? How can I make this super easy?”
- “Once you start writing you’re kind of fine.”
- “Oh yeah, Jake’s human.”
- “It’s more than just the audience.”
- “Content is not a hard pitch.”
- From E-Myth – “Build the org chart of what your company looks like when it’s finished.”
- When trying to build a relationship with someone, approach with a partnership of content creation.