9 Strategies To Build Recurring Revenue In Your Digital Agency
E158: Entrepreneur and employee burnout with Clodagh Higgins
Build websites faster and make clients happier with Zephyr CMS (sponsored).
Unlimited WordPress tasks for digital agencies at a fixed monthly cost with UnlimitedWP, get 25% your first month with code “das2020” (sponsored).
Clodagh S. Higgins is a Business Coach & Consultant for Digital Marketing Agencies with the Growit Group based in Ireland and works globally. An ex-HubSpotter, she has worked with over 500+ agencies around the world, helping them on the areas of sales, marketing, services, scaling, and growth in their businesses so that they can deliver exceptional results for their clients.
She wrote a book called The Happy & Healthy Digital Agency and hosts the Agency Life podcast.
- Clodagh’s evolution from early HubSpot days to restarting and educating herself in a new realm.
- The differences between working with employees and working with entrepreneurs, especially how they handled the pandemic.
- On entrepreneur burnout during the pandemic.
- …and employee burnout.
- Symptoms of burnout (don’t ignore them!).
- EOS implementation and how it fits into the current times.
- Best advice received: With ideas – how are you going to make money with it? “Where’s the till?”
- Habit that contributes to success: Powerlifting and working out
- Recommended tools: TikTok
- Recommended book: Mike Michalowicz – Profit First
- Run time: 40:10
- Traction by Gino Wickman – on EOS and implementation
- Agency Life podcast
- Mike Michalowicz – Profit First
- “I think very few companies actually do that well.”
- “I started to have these questions that were outside of sales and marketing.”
- “It was a bit of a corporate fairytale.”
- “The entrepreneur mindset is very different from the employee mindset.”
- “It was a challenge to them.”
- “I’ve seen massive cracks with anyone who didn’t take a break.”
- “That’s 99 days too long.”
- “It’s hard to tell an entrepreneur to stop working.”
- “Do not go near a laptop, do not open your phone.”
- “They just had this level-headedness about them.”
- Don’t ignore burnout. Not taking breaks is counterproductive.
- Take real, tech-free, and to-do-list free, breaks.