E152: Take Action, Ask Questions Later with Emarc and Amarc
Build websites faster and make clients happier with Zephyr CMS (sponsored).
Unlimited WordPress tasks for digital agencies at a fixed monthly cost with UnlimitedWP, get 25% your first month with code “das2020” (sponsored).
Emarc and Amarc are serial entrepreneurs. Buisnesses they own together include: Modernonemarketing.com, Homeforeverbaths.com, Emarcandamarc.com, and Freeportmastermind.com. They also have a podcast with guests including Gary Vaynerchuk and Ryan Deiss.
- The unusual way Emarc and Amarc became official business partners.
- What Modern One Marketing does today—and how they’re different from other agencies.
- What happens when content comes naturally.
- The clever way they got Gary Vee on their podcast—without an established platform.
- What happened the day that they lost 75% of their revenue.
- Why Emarc and Amarc continued marketing one of their side businesses (on TV no less!) during the pandemic, while nobody’s currently buying this specific product.
- On Zoom-selling to the elderly (it’s the New Economy!).
- Best advice received: 1) Keep in mind that I’m people-oriented. 2) Customer’s not always right.
- Habit that contributes to success: 1) Being a people person (that hugs!) 2) No quitting, perseverance.
- Recommended tools: 1) Sharpspring 2) Trello
- Recommended book: 1) How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie and The Bible 2) EntreLeadership by Dave Ramsey
- Run time: 44:56
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- EntreLeadership by Dave Ramsey
- “I never knew it could go below 75 degrees….I mean, in Haiti you don’t use terms like ‘coats’.”
- “Gary Vee’s there, what if we got him on our podcast? We don’t have a podcast.”
- “Be ok with asking them…without an established platform.”
- “He had no choice but to say yes.”
- “You guys stuck to your guns and right now I feel likes so many people are wussing out on marketing.”
- “So you invited Gary Vee back to your hotel room…which is super weird.”
- “Six hours…that’s a good pity party.”
- “Chicago is a warzone right now.”
- Got a crazy idea? Just go for it. Action gets you there faster than hesitation!
- Don’t assume that a sales idea is impossible. Who knew that 85-year-olds would be getting successfully pitched over Zoom?