9 Strategies To Build Recurring Revenue In Your Digital Agency
E146: Content, crisis, customization, and the value of simplicity with Michael Reynolds
Build websites faster and make clients happier with Zephyr CMS (sponsored).
Unlimited WordPress tasks for digital agencies at a fixed monthly cost with UnlimitedWP, get 25% your first month with code “das2020” (sponsored).
President/CEO of Zephyr. Solving small business website design by helping agencies avoid profitability traps like over-thinking design, paying too much for development, and getting stuck in plug-in hell.
- How Zephyr managed to successfully create a CMS as an agency when so many try and fail.
- Problems that agency owners commonly have. Can you relate?
- Why Michael is trying to get people to think more simply—especially in these crazy times.
- Why websites are essential right now—and how website revenue is increasing.
- Why content is so important, and how Zephyr approaches it.
- What efficiency has to do with custom design vs using a theme.
- Best advice received: Follow your dreams.
- Habit that contributes to success: Hyperfocus on productivity and organization.
- Recommended tools: Microsoft To-Do and Lastpass
- Recommended book: Dave Ramsey books, Taylor Larimore’s Boglehead’s Three-Fund Portfolio, and Storybrand by Donald Miller
- Run time: 35:04
- ZephyrCMS.com – book a demo online
- Microsoft To-Do and
- Dave Ramsey books
- Boglehead’s Three-Fund Portfolio
- Storybrand by Donald Miller
- “We just weren’t really happy with what’s out there.”
- “On a mission to bring it to agencies everywhere.”
- “The key point….is we have an extreme focus on simplicity.”
- “We want the system to get out of your way.”
- “They want content to be easy to manage.”
- “We live in a world where integration has become easier.”
- “Utopia hell.”
- “Website services are showing their stickiness—in a good way.”
- Don’t assume customization is the answer. Many businesses would fit a simple theme much better.