Transitioning from Freelance Work to a Happy, Women-Powered Agency
With Meg Casebolt
Meg Casebolt is the founder of Love At First Search and host of the Social Slowdown podcast. Meg loves to help businesses spend less time trying to hack the algorithms and instead create SEO content that attracts your ideal audience to your website while helping entrepreneurs cut their dependency on social media for their business visibility.
Episode highlights with Meg Casebolt
- Why do business owners need to consider getting off social media?
- What’s Love at First Search all about?
- On attracting similar people – both customers and team
- How has AI changed things?
- What makes us greater than the robots
- Why and how Meg went from freelancing to an agency
Lightning Round with Meg Casebolt
- Best advice: Follow your gut and let your values guide your decisions
- Habit that contributes to success: Reading a lot
- Recommended tool: Reclaim.ai for time management
- Recommended book: Algorithms of Oppression: How Search Engines Reinforce Racism by Safia Umoja Noble
Connect with Meg Casebolt, plus resources
- https://loveatfirstsearch.com/start – SEO starter kit!
- Social Slowdown podcast
Quotes from Meg Casebolt’s episode
- “By the time people find me they’re usually pretty fed up with it.”
- “Peers…not prospects.”
- “Like attracts like, we’re like magnets.”
- “I bet your Slack channel gets kinda fun.”
- “Is it standing out as more content or is it producing more content?”
- “Sometimes it’s better to go for the most relevant – or the most urgent.”
- “Here’s how we scale back.”
- “You don’t want your business to get shin splints.”
Takeaways from Meg Casebolt’s episode
- Rather than thinking, I need a million followers, try thinking about something like, I need to make a million dollars
- Surprise! Niching will really make you stand out
- Lean into down times in the business calendar cycle
Sponsors For The Digital Agency Show
Ready for a managed hosting provider that is going to get your clients the performance, reliability, and support you need? Get started with Cloudways today with a $50 hosting credit using code “DASCW”.Outsourcing services for digital agencies–website design & development, e-commerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M.