[Live Training] 9 Strategies To Build Recurring Revenue
When PR Meets Affiliate Marketing
With Kaila O’Connor
When PR Meets Affiliate Marketing with Kaila O’Connor
After a decade-long PR career filled with panic attacks, burnout, and low worth, Kaila O’Connor stumbled across something that changed her life immediately: affiliate marketing.
Kaila quickly became a self-taught pioneer in this new age of Affiliate PR.
With a Rolodex of key editor relationships and intuitive decision-making guided by her Human Design chart, Kaila’s proven ability to generate high-revenue media coverage has disrupted the PR industry and its “always on the grind” mentality.
Episode highlights from PR Meets Affiliate Marketing
- When the affiliate PR “light switch” went on
- What Kaila does for businesses
- What Sonic the Hedgehog has to do with current PR
- Is everything we read going to have an affiliate deal behind it now?
- The difference between paid marketing and what Kaila does
- Two things editors need to know when considering a mention
- What the reaction is in the PR world to integrating trackable affiliate links
Lightening Round with Kaila O’Connor
- Best advice: You are only as good of a boss/mentor/friend/sister as you are a caretaker to yourself.
- The habit that contributes to success: Not looking outside of myself for answers.
- Recommended tools: Slack and Voxer.
- Recommended book: The Emotional Entrepreneur by Scout Sobel.
Connect with Kaila O’Connor
Quotes from Kaila O’Connor
- “I was ready to quit PR, 30k in debt, and I took this job without even knowing what affiliate marketing was.”
- “They were telling me why affiliate links were so important to editors.”
- “Thousands of dollars were driven from that one article.”
- “It’s always the reader’s interest first.”
- “If they don’t resonate with the readers, they’re not going to make money.”
- “It’s very heavy in metrics and numbers.”
- You need a value proposition before an editor will consider mentioning it.
- Share the “why” as well as how they can make money.
- Kaila is seeing 70% of sales from an article are new customers.
- Get cozy with the numbers and with talking numbers with clients.
Want to see the episodes recorded live?
Join our Community, Profitable Digital Agencies, for fun insider access, freebies, and connections to agency owners around the world!
Sponsors For The Digital Agency Show
Ready for a managed hosting provider that is going to get your clients the performance, reliability, and support you need? Get started with Cloudways today with a $50 hosting credit using code “DASCW”.
Outsourcing services for digital agencies – website design & development, ecommerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M.