E93: The art of podcasting and offering a single product with Matt Johnson
Unlimited WordPress tasks for digital agencies at a fixed monthly cost with UnlimitedWP, get 25% your first month with code “das2020” (sponsored).
Matt Johnson is a marketer, entrepreneur, musician, and podcast host and expert. As founder of Pursuing Results, a podcast PR & production agency, Matt runs a worldwide virtual team helping business coaches and consultants break in and dominate new markets through podcasting. Matt’s agency allows him the freedom to run the agency in 3-4 hours a week.
- Considering a podcast? Here’s a great overview on how to start.
- Matt fills us in on the importance of–and how to create–a single product in your agency.
- Find out how Matt creates systems so successful that he can run his agency in just a few hours a week.
- Learn how to build a podcast audience, including an often-overlooked opportunity,
- Best advice ever received: How to build systems and train people – I do it, we do it, you do it.
- Habit that contributes to success: Methodical, relentless consistency.
- Favorite tool: Trello
- Book recommendations: David Baker’s The Business of Expertise
- Run time: 41:38
- “We’re offering one thing to one type of person.”
- “That kind of created all the other opportunities.”
- “Can I rent your team?”
- “Podcasting is like a hammer.”
- “We never have time to pull ourselves out and market and sell our own business.”
- “Peoples’ performance still declines over time.”
- “The business still hums along because you have great systems.”
- Consider how you create and document your company’s systems and processes. Is it complete? Do you revisit and make changes as problems arise?
- If you create a podcast or want to create a podcast, consider including video for YouTube.