E88: Come back from burnout with Sean McCabe
Unlimited WordPress tasks for digital agencies at a fixed monthly cost with UnlimitedWP, get 25% your first month with code “das2020” (sponsored).
Sean McCabe is the author of a Overlap: How to start a business while working a full time job—and besides that, he writes more than a million words a year. He has helped tens of thousands of students with his courses on client work, pricing, marketing, and more. By day he runs a business community for creative professionals and hosts the Sean Wes podcast.
- How Sean got his start building courses and sharing his knowledge.
- What made Sean start taking sabbaticals, and why he’s never looked back.
- How to successfully implement a sabbatical program for yourself and your employees.
- Best advice ever received: Show up every day.
- Habit that contributes to success: Waking up early.
- Favorite tool: Forest App
- Book recommendations: The power of full engagement by Jim Loehr and Tony Schwartz
- Overlapbook.com – it’s free!
- Seanwes podcast
- “It was an identity thing.”
- “Who am I to teach about business?”
- “You have to rest as hard as you hustle.”
- “I had to grit my teeth….and take a week off.”
- “Give ourselves that freedom.”
- “We do better work….we get more work done.”
- “If you’re asking yourself if you’re burned out, it’s already too late.”
- “I’m gonna trust the process.”
- “I more focus on energy, rather than time.”
- “I trust people to get the work done.”
- Go for it. There’s one rule: freedom from obligation. And don’t forget that the second sabbatical is the hardest!