E77: Growth Hacking Your Agency with Vin Clancy
Unlimited WordPress tasks for digital agencies at a fixed monthly cost with UnlimitedWP, get 25% your first month with code “das2020” (sponsored).
Infamous growth hacker Vin Clancy went from being on social welfare in the UK to launching 2 online magazines that got over 20 million page views in their first two years with zero ad spend.
He’s since then won best speaker at SXSW V2V for his growth hacking talk, finished a 100-date world tour, made six figures on his debut growth hacking book, created one of the biggest marketing communities on Facebook, and moved to L.A., where he teaches companies how to rapidly grow their audiences and businesses.
- Vin shares one automation secret to help you sell.
- Find out how Vin grew to 700 writers contributing to his magazine.
- Learn why Vin doesn’t have to wear suits to meetings.
- Morality and ethics are a gray area, which is outlined in this episode.
- Find out some hacks that are evergreen, and will continue to work as the market evolves.
- Best advice: money always comes in later, and in less amount than you think
- Personal habit that contributes to success: an obsession with sacrifice, including diet and personal life
- Internet resource or tool: Rebump
- Book recommendation: The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene
- USUMMIT 2018
- The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene
- Youtube, Twitter, and Traffic and Copy on Facebook
- “Growth hacking allows you to automate your outreach.”
- “I hustled aggressively.”
- “Maybe repetition is really the strategy.”
- “They’re not going to see the 50 ideas that didn’t work.”
- “Clients don’t really care what you do, as long as you get results.”
- “It’s always a little bit of overstatement, a little bit of entertainment.”
- Try building dummy accounts on social media to push the limits and test new ideas.