Dec 14th @ 10am MT - Lead Gen Intensive w/ Brent Weaver
E61: Paint a picture of your ideal future with Cameron Herold
Cameron Herold is the mastermind behind hundreds of companies’ exponential growth. He has been an entrepreneur since he was a teen, with 14 employees by the time he was 21. He also helped build two $100M+ business by the time he was 35. By 42, had brought 1-800-GOT-JUNK from $2 million to $106 million in only six years. He has four acclaimed books and is a renowned speaker.
- The truth about whether most entrepreneurs could be diagnosed with a variety of mental disorders. (Spoiler alert: Yes they could.)
- How Cameron was “groomed” to be an entrepreneur.
- What should be done to better nurture young, growing entrepreneurs.
- How to create a “Vivid Vision” to thrive in your business.
- The best way to combat “shiny object syndrome”.
- Best advice he’s ever received: take other companies’ great ideas and figure out how to put them in place
- Habit that contributes to success: focus and networking
- Recommended book:
- Traction: Get a Grip on your Business by Gino Wickman
- The 1-Minute Manager by Kenneth Blanchard PhD and Spencer Johnson, MD
- Mastering the Rockefeller Habits: What You Must Do to Increase the Value of Your Growing Firm and Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make It…and Why the Rest Don’t (Rockefeller Habits 2.0) by Verne Harnish.
Tip: narrow down your reading list to whatever you’re focused on for the next quarter, rather than reading random books.
- Recommended tools: Focus Time
- Double Double: How to Double Your Revenue and Profit in 3 Years or Less by Cameron Herold
- Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable by Cameron Herold
- The Miracle Morning for Entrepreneurs: Elevate Your SELF to Elevate Your BUSINESS by Cameron Herold
- Vivid Vision: A Remarkable Tool For Aligning Your Business Around a Shared Vision of the Future by Cameron Herold
- Cameron’s vivid vision for COO Alliance
- Commit to three app
- Genius network
- Baby bathwater
- Cameron’s Ted Talk
- Focus Time
- “We would not only run these businesses, we would learn from them.”
- “Entrepreneurship has finally become cool.”
- “The more I share my vivid vision with other people, the more they can figure out how to help grow my business.”
- Follow Cameron’s guidelines to create a Vivid Vision, describing details from media and marketing to employees. Consider the four corners of your puzzle: the plan, the BHAG, the core values, and the core purpose.