Finding Success as a YouTuber
With Wes McDowell
Wes McDowell is a website strategist and very successful YouTuber who helps business owners make the most of their websites for automated client generation.
- Why you have to create a character on video
- Why you shouldn’t compare yourself to others who are further along in their YouTube journey
- Being clear in your language will help you target your ideal audience
- Tips for channel growth
- The importance of having a plan for video content
- The income opportunities with YouTube ad revenue
- Best advice: Always go to bed smarter than when you woke up.
- Habit that contributes to success: Stubbornness
- Recommended tool: Calendly
- Recommended book: They Ask, You Answer by Marcus Sheridan
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/WesMcDowellHQ
- Free masterclass: https://wesmcdowell.com/training/
- First video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG4APMen1w4
- Website: https://wesmcdowell.com
- Vid IQ: https://vidiq.com
- Video Creators: https://videocreators.com
- “A lot of the people watching are DIYers to some degree. There will be a lot of people watching who want to hire me from YouTube…I realized that I had to come up with some kind of a DIY solution.”
- “The one thing I had going was I stuck with it. I wasn’t seeing these crazy things right away, but I stuck to it.”
- “The searchable content is for new people and the curiosity content is for the people who have already found me.”
- “At the end of every video, you want to get them to the next video.”
- “Half of my revenue is now coming from the most unexpected source ever, which is YouTube ad revenue itself.”
- Having the right growth strategy is important.
- Storytelling helps a YouTube channel grow.
- Don’t compare yourself to others.
Want to see the episodes recorded live?
Join our Facebook group, Profitable Digital Agencies, for fun insider access, freebies, and connections to agency owners around the world!
The Digital Agency Show Sponsors
Ready for a managed hosting provider that is going to get your clients the performance, reliability, and support you need? Get started with Cloudways today with a $50 hosting credit using code “DASCW”.
Outsourcing services for digital agencies – website design & development, e-commerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M (sponsored).