[Live Training] 9 Strategies To Build Recurring Revenue
The Digital Nomad Life
With Naomi Tepper & Tre’ Grisby
Naomi Tepper and Tre’ Grisby are the co-hosts and co-creators of the podcast Hop to It: Our Digital Nomad Journey. They are married empty-nesters who are slow-traveling through the Southwestern United States in search of home. Tre’ is a software developer and tech support dude; he is also a Shaman, light energy worker, and yoga hobbyist. Naomi, who also goes by Na (nay), is a creative solopreneur, author, and alchemist.
In the wake of a pandemic-related layoff, instead of the status quo, they decided to alchemize this challenge into a positive change. In November 2021, they broke their Bay Area lease, bought a car, sold or put all of their stuff into storage, and hit the road in search of home.
- Why you shouldn’t let fear hold you back
- Making an investment to move forward
- How to plan for living a nomadic life
- Being flexible in your lodging choices
- Learning to live with less
- How to meet people as a nomad
- Identifying what you care about in deciding where to call home
- Best advice: Breathwork meditation practice (Soulful Breathwork). Get past analysis paralysis, if it’s not an immediate yes then it’s a no.
- Habit that contributes to success: Meditation. Having a schedule and morning tasks.
- Recommended tool: Loudness.fm, WorldCoinIndex.com
- Recommended book: Haruki Murakami, 1Q84, The Three-Body Problem by Cixin Liu
- “If we didn’t go in that moment, I’m not sure if we would ever have made this leap. There’s a good chance I would have just found another job in the Bay Area, kept doing what we do, and basically renewed our subscription to living there, even though we both knew for quite a few years that it wasn’t exactly the perfect place for us.”
- “It’s a search to find home. We wanted to stay long enough to really feel the city because a lot of people probably travel but the idea is that after about a month you start to really feel it and get uncomfortable and I think that’s part of knowing where you want to go.”
- “We’re doing a little bit of prescreening before we even pick where we’re going.”
- Don’t let fear hold you back from chasing your dreams
- What feels like home is different for everyone
- Instead of thinking of the cost, think of the investment
Want to see the episodes recorded live?
Join our Facebook group, Profitable Digital Agencies, for fun insider access, freebies, and connections to agency owners around the world!
The Digital Agency Show Sponsors
Tired of trying to manage your clients, payments, and projects across multiple tools? Service Provider Pro is an all-in-one client management solution that lets you do all of that and more from one easy-to-use dashboard. For more information and an extended free trial, visit Spp.co/ugurus.
Outsourcing services for digital agencies – website design & development, e-commerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M.