9 Strategies To Build Recurring Revenue In Your Digital Agency
Podcasting for Agencies
With Tom Hunt
Tom Hunt starts and grows B2B businesses. Before this, he studied Chemistry at Imperial College London and followed the herd to a management consulting job in London. Tom got bored, built a marketplace connecting online entrepreneurs and virtual assistants from scratch, and sold 90% of it– all while traveling the world. He now starts and grows the world’s most profitable podcasts for B2B businesses at Fame and builds the podcast host for high-growth businesses at bCast.
- How podcasting can help you build relationships with your audience
- How to properly get guests on your podcast
- Why having a niche is important
- Why some podcast shows don’t work out
- Why having a system and process is beneficial
- Non-sleazy ways to get sales from your podcast guests
- Best advice: A negative result is just as valuable as a positive result.
- Habit that contributes to success: Reading
- Recommended tool: Monosnap
- Recommended book: The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins
- Run time: 35:55
- Fame: https://www.fame.so/
- bCast: https://www.bcast.fm
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/tomhuntio
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tomhuntio/
- “Podcasting is a bad way to build an audience, but it’s a great way to build a relationship with an existing audience.”
- “We don’t recommend pitching people to come on your podcast. Just give them an amazing experience, make them look amazing, and just build the relationship over time.”
- “If your agency isn’t niched, we would probably recommend that your show would be within a niche…ensure that there is something remarkable or different about your show.”
- “When you have that motivation, time doesn’t even matter. When you’re thinking about launching the podcast, you don’t care that you blew a week and a half listening to 10 other podcasts and mapping out the next eight months of your podcast. That time doesn’t matter, but six months into it that extra two hours that you have to do to keep moving the project forward, it’s like all of the sudden that two hours feels like it weighs a million pounds.”
- “Send a physical thing, that ideally isn’t branded with your own brand. Ideally, something personalized just so there is a physical reminder of you in their immediate space.”
- It’s important to consider the pros and cons of launching a podcast
- Consistency is important in podcasting
- Getting sales from guests on your podcasts doesn’t have to be sleazy
Want to see the episodes recorded live?
Join our Facebook group, Profitable Digital Agencies, for fun insider access, freebies, and connections to agency owners around the world!
The Digital Agency Show Sponsors
Tired of trying to manage your clients, payments, and projects across multiple tools? Service Provider Pro is an all-in-one client management solution that lets you do all of that and more from one easy-to-use dashboard. For more information and an extended free trial, visit Spp.co/ugurus. (sponsored)
Outsourcing services for digital agencies – website design & development, e-commerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M (sponsored).