9 Strategies To Build Recurring Revenue In Your Digital Agency
The Value of Speaking
With Jabez LeBret
Jabez Lebret is a best-selling author, a Forbes journalist, and a successful entrepreneur who sold his award-winning agency in 2018 to open a high school for underserved youth. Today, he is partnering on a project to help female entrepreneurs take their companies from $200K to $1M in revenue. He has delivered over 1,200 presentations, written four books, launched multiple million-dollar companies, and he is an advisor to several Fortune 500 companies.
- The value of speaking for agencies
- Major mistakes made in adding speaking to an agency
- How to get speaking gigs in your industry
- Why getting familiar with your market before making decisions is important
- How to maximize your speaking opportunities and capture 90% of your audience’s contact information
- Lessons learned on setting up follow-up campaigns from the events
- How to get in front of your audience with multiple touchpoints
- Best advice: Done is better than perfect.
- Habit that contributes to success: Picking up the phone
- Recommended tool: Search Engine Journal, Mark Homer, Jason Hennessey, Conrad Sam
- Recommended book: The Power of Regret by Daniel Pink
- Run time: 30:30
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jabezlebret/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Jabezlebret
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/jabezlebret
- Jabez Labret Website: https://www.jabezlebret.com/
- Lotus Launch Website: https://www.lotuslaunch.com/
- EOS: https://www.eosworldwide.com/
- Scaling Up: A Gazelle Company: https://scalingup.com/
- Amazon Mechanical Turk: https://www.mturk.com/
- “I do find a lot of people come up with really cool mouse traps to avoid that thing that people just resist so bad…not that speaking in front of an audience is easy, but they overlook the opportunity of these rooms of people of target customers.”
- “There is no better way to do it than presenting live because it’s a chance to actually meet and be authentic and truly understand your market.”
- “We found it to be more effective once we learned how the landscape of that market works. What kind of speakers are they looking for and what does that speaker need to do? And once we understood that parameter we were able to build our presentations around what the market wanted and needed.”
- “We had a whole process of touchpoints. Get the form, we called to verify their address, mailed them the book on the USB drive, called to get the receipt, and then called to set an appointment. We had already had five touchpoints before we even mentioned, ‘hey let’s talk.’”
- “We understate how much learning we can do when we have just a few people in our target market to talk to.”
- Speaking can make a big difference in your business
- Failures are an opportunity to learn and do better next time
- Getting to know your market before taking action is important
Want to see the episodes recorded live?
Join our Facebook group, Profitable Digital Agencies, for fun insider access, freebies, and connections to agency owners around the world!
The Digital Agency Show Sponsors
Tired of trying to manage your clients, payments, and projects across multiple tools? Service Provider Pro is an all-in-one client management solution that lets you do all of that and more from one easy-to-use dashboard. For more information and an extended free trial, visit Spp.co/ugurus.
Outsourcing services for digital agencies – website design & development, e-commerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M.