Dec 14th @ 10am MT - Lead Gen Intensive w/ Brent Weaver
E234: The Freak Factor with David Rendall
Ready for a managed hosting provider that is going to get your clients the performance, reliability, and support you need? Get started with Cloudways today with a $50 hosting credit using code “DASCW” (sponsored).
Outsourcing services for digital agencies – website design & development, e-commerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M (sponsored).
David Rendall, of The Freak Factor, has spoken to audiences on every inhabited continent. His clients include the US Air Force, Australian Government, Microsoft, AT&T, United Health Group, Fannie Mae, and State Farm.
He has written four books – The Four Factors of Effective Leadership, The Freak Factor, The Freak Factor for Kids, and Pink Goldfish.
David was recently a keynote speaker at our USUMMIT Virtual event.
- How The Freak Factor came about, and The Freak Factor for Kids.
- How identifying your weaknesses helps find your strengths.
- Why moderating and eliminating your natural self doesn’t work, and what to do instead.
- What Brent has discovered about something he used to consider a shortcoming.
- What are job descriptions really asking?
- Can you (should you!) try to change your employees?
- Should you partner (in business or marriage) with someone who fills in your faults?
- Best advice: Everything that people see as wrong with you, I see as leadership skills. Or, control the things you can control.
- The habit that contributes to success: Reading and learning
- Recommended tool: Audible and any podcast app.
- Recommended book: Now Discover Your Strengths by Don Clifton and The Power of Different by Gail Saltz
- Run time: 44:05
- The Freak Factor
- The Freak Factor for Kids
- Pink Goldfish
- The Four Factors of Effective Leadership
- “They’re having more fun than they usually do at the Chamber of Commerce banquet.”
- “A lot of entrepreneurs are entrepreneurs because they maybe don’t fit into that box.”
- “It’s not that we chose another path – it’s that the other path wasn’t available.”
- “Fixing weaknesses doesn’t work.”
- “For ten years, I’ve delegated fun.”
- “We create job descriptions that don’t match any actual human beings.”
- “I’m not a new person, I just have a new outlet.”
- “Awaken” to your reality, “assess” yourself, “accept” who you are, “appreciate” that person, then “affiliate”.
Want to see the episodes recorded live?
Join our Facebook group, Profitable Digital Agencies, for fun insider access, freebies, and connections to agency owners around the world!