E221: Journal your way to achieving goals with Keith Roberts
Help your clients close more leads with a new all-in-one marketing platform that you can white-label, HighLevel (sponsored).
Outsourcing services for digital agencies – website design & development, e-commerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M (sponsored).
Keith Roberts is an author, entrepreneur, and keynote speaker. He created the OAK Journal to fulfill his personal WHY – Through kindness and generosity to help others see who they could become. Keith regularly speaks to entrepreneurs, start-ups, and corporate clients to empower them with the tools to achieve any goals. You can be the best version of yourself by hanging out with us today on the podcast!
- How Keith transitioned from owning a successful agency.
- Why it took 5 years to discover Keith’s Why – including climbing Machu Picchu and “several plant ceremonies”.
- What is Ikigai? And what happens when you find your life’s purpose.
- Why focus on a journal and not something else to achieve Keith’s why? And how it really helps users.
- What is the impact of feeling gratitude? What does it do to your life?
- Why you should balance goals in different aspects of your life, and how to do it.
- Why a relationship goal is important, and many examples of what you can pursue. Remember: you are the sum of your circle, so make it count!
- The importance of setting reasonable, achievable goals.
- How to set up a successful 10-10-10. (Note: journal positive thoughts!)
- Best advice: Thinking time – take the time to make a decision.
- Habit that contributes to success: Meditation
- Recommended tool: Masterclass – Keith loves learning from other creatives. Chris Voss is a favorite!
- Recommended book: How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Run time: 38:05
- Episode 2 with Keith Roberts
- Keith Cunningham’s The Road Less Stupid
- [email protected] – feel free to email!
- “There were incredible peaks and valleys, and it was not my personal WHY.”
- “The biggest block was the feeling of sunk equity.”
- “The amount of money I spent on vintage Star Wars Legos and a pinball machine that was in my office…”
- “Topline is ego, but your profit? That’s where you keep score.”
- “We work our butts off for a future we might not even get to see.”
- “We can actually change things by what we put out in the world—IF we do the work.”
- “Your network is your net worth!”
- Ikigai includes finding the center of what the world needs, what you can make money at, what you’re good at, and what you love to do.
- “Which of my relationships are adding energy to my life and which are taking energy away?”
- In your solar system: who is closest to you? Who is in the farther circles? Who is just in the galaxy? Who needs to go to make room for someone else?
Want to see the episodes recorded live?
Join our Facebook group, Profitable Digital Agencies, for fun insider access, freebies, and connections to agency owners around the world! We also show LIVE podcast episodes with audience Q & A.