Dec 14th @ 10am MT - Lead Gen Intensive w/ Brent Weaver
E218: Stand out using your personal story with Jimmy Nelson
Outsourcing services for digital agencies – website design & development, e-commerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M (sponsored).
Help your clients close more leads with a new all-in-one marketing platform that you can white-label, HighLevel (sponsored).
Jimmy Hays Nelson, aka Coach Jimmy, has been a high-performance business coach for over a decade. Jimmy’s unique skill is helping his clients to seamlessly connect their personal stories to their product or service, creating a strong “know, like, and trust factor.”
He helps get more leads and more clients, as well as connect more deeply with clients.
- Why someone’s personal story is their number one marketing tool.
- The similarities between weight loss and storytelling for your business.
- How your personal story really does relate to your business story – and how to build that connection.
- How to grab attention by adding one little part to your story.
- How to address fear in telling your story.
- Will people connect to your story? Jimmy addresses what matters.
- What ways to structure your story for the best impact.
- The two things that you should avoid when telling your story.
- What Eminem taught us in 8 Mile.
- Best advice: Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.
- Habit that contributes to success: Mindset, starting in the morning.
- Recommended tool: Beachbody on-demand app to work out
- Recommended book: The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster by Darren Hardy
- Run time: 43:47
- “Storytelling has become this keyword.”
- “They have a personal story, even if they don’t realize it.”
- “I was ashamed of my old story.”
- “People are throwing all this content out there, but not really thinking about a good story arc.”
- “What are the little baby steps that we can start with?”
- “There’s always a person behind the brand.”
- “I like pouring life into people who want to build something bigger.”
- “They’re finding the emotional levels in there.”
- “Sometimes we’re excluding people… in the right way.”
- “We want to know where we’re going to land the plane.”
- “It just means I’m a few steps ahead of you.”
- “The flashier I was, the less people could relate with me.”
- On storytelling and connecting with an audience: it’s about connecting to the emotion rather than relating directly to the events that unfold.
Want to see the episodes recorded live?
Join our Facebook group, Profitable Digital Agencies, for fun insider access, freebies, and connections to agency owners around the world!