E216: How to hire into a happy, connected team with Rahul Alim
Help your clients close more leads with a new all-in-one marketing platform that you can white-label, HighLevel (sponsored).
Rahul Alim is the founder of Custom Creatives, a Digital Marketing Agency that connects companies with their dream clients. He has helped brands such as Realtor.com, Geico, Advertise.com, Reach Local, and 1,000’s of local businesses.
With 16+ years of experience running his agency, he now coaches agency owners to grow 6-figure businesses with his proven G$D Sales Method.
- How Rahul got started in working with real estate clients.
- How Rahul expanded outside of an original niche.
- Which factors Rahul looks for in hiring any position.
- What happened when Rahul made a bad hire—as in, a REALLY bad hire.
- How Rahul’s business went from in-office to remote.
- What sales structure works best for the business.
- Best advice: Don’t be emotional in business.
- Habit that contributes to success: Tenacity from sports. And fear of failure.
- Recommended tool: Audible – Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss and Tahl Raz, and Gap Selling by Keenan
- Recommended book: Never Lose Again by Steven Babitsy and James J. Mangraviti
- Run time: 38:58
- “It’s one of those industries where you can get your teeth kicked in.”
- “It was kind of like a marriage.”
- “We just have to have a really strong, charismatic project manager, because they’re going to be representing everything this company is about.”
- “I don’t care about the skill just yet.”
- “People don’t hear that in interviews.”
- “I hire a little bit slow, but I have to fire right on certain actions.”
- “I want them to show up without me.”
- “I was masking other people and trying to mask myself at the end.”
- “What would Kobe Bryant do?”
- Results and relationships: you have to have both to balance success.
Want to see the episodes recorded live?
Join our Facebook group, Profitable Digital Agencies, for fun insider access, freebies, and connections to agency owners around the world!