E198: Why HighLevel is revolutionizing how agencies help small business with Shaun Clark
Your all-in-one Marketing Analytics tool to empower businesses of all sizes to make smarter, data-driven decisions–try Oribi today with 20% off your first three months with code “ugurus”. Oribi (sponsored).
Outsourcing services for digital agencies – website design & development, ecommerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M (sponsored).
Shaun Clark is the co-founder and self-proclaimed nerdy software engineer of HighLevel. He’s on a mission to help every agency in the country be more successful and profitable, and even change the way agencies are operated. His platform currently serves over 9,000 agencies that work with over 170,000 small business owners on the HighLevel platform.
- Why HighLevel sells directly to agencies and not small businesses.
- Insights seen during Covid—including surprising findings.
- What the value of digital is right now to small businesses.
- What it means to be a digital agency now—and it’s more than a services company.
- Shaun’s take on taking venture capital.
- Why HighLevel doesn’t offer customization, and what they recommend.
- Best advice: You never know who’s swimming naked until the tide goes out (Warren Buffet).
- Habit that contributes to success: Inability to quit.
- Recommended tool: CrunchBase
- Recommended book: How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Run time: 31:58
- Youtube channel
- Brent’s interview with HighLevel
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- “They’re the unsung heroes.”
- “It wasn’t so much a business decision as a reality check.”
- “You’re either going to go digital or your business is going to be dead.”
- “Stay in your lane.”
- “If they don’t get that next round, they’re gone!”
- If you’re thinking of changing gears from agency owner to software company, consider what you’re good at and where your talents really lie.
- Agency owners are small business owners’ connection to marketing technology. Help them by offering it.