Sales & Proposal Workshop w/ Brent Weaver
E197: Creating a google analytics competitor with Iris Shoor
Your all-in-one Marketing Analytics tool to empower businesses of all sizes to make smarter, data-driven decisions–try Oribi today with 20% off your first three months with code “ugurus”. Oribi (sponsored).
Outsourcing services for digital agencies – website design & development, ecommerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M (sponsored).
Iris Shoor is the founder and CEO of Oribi—a competitor to Google Analytics. It’s an AI-based analytics tool that is dedicated to making analytics easy. She’s had two successful startups and this is her third company.
- What got Iris into entrepreneurship – something that’s quite a different pace than her education in architecture.
- Can you be shy and successful in entrepreneurship? Iris weighs in.
- What makes Oribi different.
- How Iris narrowed her focus to creating something like Oribi.
- How Oribi manages the collection of massive amounts of data.
- The differences between two different users: businesses and agencies.
- How Oribi is navigating “Privacy 2.0”.
- Best advice: Always think in both large-scale and small-scale.
- Habit that contributes to success: Spiritual work.
- Recommended book: Fantasy books – His Dark Materials by Philip Pulman
- Run time: 37:38
- Oribi.io – mention UGURUS or The Digital Agency Show for a discount
- Iris on LinkedIn
- His Dark Materials by Philip Pulman
- “The pace of entrepreneurship is something that I really like.”
- “We tried to take a different paradigm.”
- “Most people use, but nobody really likes.”
- “That looks like job security.”
- “They can’t just build a great relationship with them – they have to get results.”
- “It’s more about understanding the high-level.”
- Sometimes investments don’t come in the form of upfront costs but rather in developer time.
- Shyness can sometimes be advantageous for entrepreneurs.