E193: Growing a white-label WordPress team to 50+ with Ronik Patel
Add a new revenue stream by reselling a white-labeled marketing and sales platform your clients will love at IgniteYourAgency.com (sponsored).
Outsourcing services for digital agencies – website design & development, ecommerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M (sponsored).
Ronik Patel built the web agency JD Softtech in both Boston and Ahmedabad, India, and found he wanted a way to help other agencies.
So he took a team of highly qualified website developers and web designers and launched UnlimitedWP, a white-label WordPress partner for growing agencies.
Ronik now leads a team of 50+ to help digital agencies grow.
- How Ronik decided to start his new business – an “agency for agencies”.
- How UGURUS helped Ronik let go of serving everyone in everything.
- What surprises Ronik has had working within just WordPress.
- What systems and processes have to do with whether or not Ronik will accept a work request.
- What challenges Ronik faced in getting to 50 employees.
- How Ronik keeps a pulse on the team.
- What Ronik found to be a major pain point for digital agencies.
- Best advice: What’s the worst thing that can happen if you totally go for it?
- Habit that contributes to success: Making lists and delegating tasks.
- Recommended tools: Notion
- Recommended book: Founder’s Dilemma by Noam Wasserman
- Run time: 39:02
- “If you would ask us politely, we’d do anything.”
- “You have a niche but deep down you’re still open to other opportunities.”
- “Once you really let go, it opens up so many other areas.”
- “What I don’t have is any systems or processes to manage that work.”
- “We get pleasure out of exploring new areas within WordPress.”
- “They have systems on their end where their VAs are collecting tasks and putting them in our system.”
- Try Vivid Vision to clarify your path.
- Explore the massive complexities within a given niche.
- Keep up on your scorecards!