Sales & Proposal Workshop w/ Brent Weaver
E191: Run your agency in 8 hours per week with Jeff Venn
Add a new revenue stream by reselling a white-labeled marketing and sales platform your clients will love at IgniteYourAgency.com (sponsored).
Outsourcing services for digital agencies – website design & development, ecommerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M (sponsored).
Jeff Venn owns Create Studios, a 10-person agency that he runs in eight hours a week, and is a mentor to millennial and Gen Z entrepreneurs. Jeff’s taken a forward-thinking, progressive approach on how to build and run his businesses, and how he builds and runs his days.
- How Jeff built his business to work on such a minimal time per week.
- What Jeff was spending lots of time on before working fewer hours.
- What Jeff went through in hiring to build a team that works well in his agency.
- What Jeff sees for the future of his agency.
- What Jeff did with all this free time, and how he schedules his day.
- What Jeff’s leadership team looks like.
- How to structure project payment to lower stress (and it didn’t lead to any complaints).
- The most important part of operations right now.
- On being “afraid to get paid”.
- Best advice: You gotta stick with it.
- Habit that contributes to success: Creativity and possibility.
- Recommended tools: Headspace
- Recommended book: The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- Run time: 32:21
- “We have an aptitude to more than just build websites.”
- “It was equal parts pain….and curiosity.”
- “For a while, it was like a mini-vacation.”
- “What’s funny is we quickly adjust to the environment we’re in.”
- “They looked at me like I was crazy.”
- “The one-time work is not that sexy, but it will lead to the recurring.”
- “We made $4 an hour!”
- If you want to work fewer hours, you need to get out of the day-to-day.
- Annual rolling averages of costs can be really helpful in money management.