E19: From Side Hustler to Full-Time Entrepreneur with Clifford Almeida
Unlimited WordPress tasks for digital agencies at a fixed monthly cost with UnlimitedWP, get 25% your first month with code “das2020” (sponsored).
On today’s episode, we’re talking to Clifford Almeida, a graduate of our Bootcamp program. We’re going to be talking about the mindset and business changes have positively impacted him, his team, and others in his life. He’s the owner of HireAWiz, a web agency, and development company. He’s worked with small businesses, Fortune 500 businesses, nonprofits, and more.
Some of the highlights of the show include:
- How and why Clifford got into this industry, including where he grew up, his early career history, and what inspired him to go into web development.
- Clifford’s mindset and the thoughts behind changing from doing web development as a side hustle to becoming a full-time entrepreneur, leaving a full-time job with benefits behind.
- Challenges that Clifford faced when it came to convincing his parents that becoming an entrepreneur was the right choice for him.
- What about the boot camp experience started to change Clifford’s situation.
- How the boot camp helped Clifford know how to screen potential clients to maximize his income.
- Why it’s more important to have a vision and a purpose than to have a list of goals.
The Artisan Soul
Quotes by Clifford:
“I would say I’m going to spend time with my kids. I was there physically, but not mentally.”
“It all starts with who the client is… Qualify the customer to make sure that they’re a good fit for your business culture and model.”
“My plans and my goals as a business-owner change. Developing a purpose and vision that is greater than me and then mapping out what I needed to do to get there was critical.”