E189: Navigating unexpected niche opportunities and challenges with David Pisarek
Add a new revenue stream by reselling a white-labeled marketing and sales platform your clients will love at IgniteYourAgency.com (sponsored).
Get a real-time, visual view of your cash flow with Float (syncs with Xero and Quickbooks Online).
David Pisarek lives to break things - having worked across non-profit sectors designing, programming, and management for 30 years, David launched Wow Digital Inc. in 2017, with the goal of providing transformative websites, design, and branding for non-profit, NGO’s, and charitable organizations.
Breaking apart processes and tearing down department silos, David uses his background to effectively bridge the gaps between IT, Marketing, Communications, and Fundraising departments to align processes, streamline operations, and ultimately help his clients achieve digital success.
- How David found his niche in tech
- The effect of the pandemic on nonprofits in Canada
- What challenges nonprofits face with their websites & platforms
- How Ugurus has helped David
- Learn about David’s process with clients
- Details from David about a workback schedule
- David’s experience on reaching out to other organizations in his niche
- Best advice: I should love what I do and I’ll never work a day in my life.
- Habit that contributes to success: My organization and planning
- Recommended tools: wpfeedback
- Recommended book: Don’t Make Me Think by Steve Krug
- Run time: 30:13
- David’s Website
- David’s Email
- Wow Digital Blog
- Wpfeedback – coupon code is UGURUS
- Don’t Make Me Think by Steve Krug
- “I can distill down what nonprofits need.”
- “I’m small but powerful.”
- “It was a really great year, in terms of projects I’ve done, the clients that I’ve helped, and at the end of the day, the budget.”
- “Here’s the goal that you want to hit at the end and what do you need to do to get there.”
- “The more you put out, the better chances and odds of having one person get back to you.”
- “I very much like the old school communication techniques…that human connection.”
- “I like to think I’m doing something for the greater good and the impact.”
- Perseverance helps you grow as a person and it helps your business.
- Aim to love the work that you do and what you can do for clients.