Sales & Proposal Workshop w/ Brent Weaver
E177: Sell like a sales pro with Phil Gerbyshak
Build websites faster and make clients happier with Zephyr CMS (sponsored).
Unlimited WordPress tasks for digital agencies at a fixed monthly cost with UnlimitedWP, get 25% your first month with code “das2020” (sponsored).
Phil Gerbyshak is kinda into sales. He’s a sales speaker, a sales executive, a sales mentor, a sales podcaster, and a sales coach. Phil has written 5 books, more than 3000 articles(!), and has been quoted in the Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, and many similar publications. He was recognized as one of 25 Sales Leaders to follow by Crunchbase. When he’s not in the field selling for Process and Results’ clients, he spends time with his family in Clermont, Florida.
- Which key things to learn for when sales doesn’t come naturally to you.
- Which factors to consider before walking away from a sale when it doesn’t fit.
- Don’t do this when you take a client that isn’t ideal.
- What to do when you don’t have a sales process.
- What questions to ask during a sales process.
- Decision-makers – how to get the right people in the room.
- Best advice ever received: If you help enough people get what they want, eventually you’ll get what you want. (Zig Ziglar)
- Habit that contributes to success: My ability to follow up and be tenacious, and taking a “no”.
- Recommended tools: Otter.ai
- Recommended book: Inked by Jeb Blount
- Run time: 38:44
- The Go Giver by Bob Berg and John David Mann
- Inked by Jeb Blount
- Process and Results newsletter
- Phil’s Facebook
- Phil’s Twitter
- Phil’s LinkedIn
- Phil’s Instagram
- “Instead of just clearing their cache, I had to make them an offer.”
- “Tech just amplifies it – it was never tech for tech’s sake.”
- “We really had to sell value first.”
- “To sell is to serve.”
- “The best salespeople are willing to walk away from sales that don’t fit.”
- “Have you done your homework? Have you prepped for that call?”
- Always think about value.
- Don’t think “sales” – think “service”.