Sales & Proposal Workshop w/ Brent Weaver
E175: Your agency’s processes: it’s time to get going with Andrew Dymski
Build websites faster and make clients happier with Zephyr CMS (sponsored).
Unlimited WordPress tasks for digital agencies at a fixed monthly cost with UnlimitedWP, get 25% your first month with code “das2020” (sponsored).
Andrew Dymski is a process and project management guru.
He gives digital agency teams the structure they need to grow quickly and sell with confidence. Systems and processes are needed in order to scale an agency business, but in the chaos of agency life, it’s hard to know where to start.
What began as a fun side project 8 years ago has turned into helping 1600+ agency teams around the world. Andrew has published over 200 episodes on his podcast, Agency Journey, and has over 1,000 members on his Facebook group. He has also been a speaker at Inbound.
- Why Andrew believes in niching.
- On deciding the right time to niche.
- How to start organizing your processes.
- Why building SOPs is like a muscle.
- How much you should be documenting.
- Best advice ever received: Never send anything to a client that you don’t want to see on the front page the next day.
- Habit that contributes to success: Honest and hard conversations.
- Recommended tools: Around.co
- Recommended book: The E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber
- Run time: 41:05
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber
- Agency Journey podcast
- Clickup for agencies
- Old DAS show with Andrew – E24
- “Your mess turns into your masterpiece.”
- “All the context was stuck in our heads.”
- “They don’t come out of the same factory.”
- “If you miss them, they bite you.”
- “The nice agency owners are the ones that have a problem with this.”
- You don’t need to have it all figured out to start focusing your business on a niche.
- Processes need to be an evolving part of your agency’s rhythm.