9 Strategies To Build Recurring Revenue In Your Digital Agency
E170: Selling and managing an agile structure with Jeremy Jackson
Build websites faster and make clients happier with Zephyr CMS (sponsored).
Unlimited WordPress tasks for digital agencies at a fixed monthly cost with UnlimitedWP, get 25% your first month with code “das2020” (sponsored).
Jeremy Jackson’s passion lies in pairing excellent design and technology to create beautifully-crafted digital products. He has worked in product development, UX, graphic design, and development for the web since the mid-’90s and was Director of Technology at the innovative international digital product and design studio, Method.
In 2012, he founded Shift Lab, an NYC-based agency of design-minded technologists hell-bent on creating truly collaborative and iterative working relationships between designers and technologists. His clients have included Microsoft, Google, and Facebook.
- Why Jeremy thinks designers and developers butt heads.
- How Jeremy has created a collaborative agency that has grown to 20 people.
- Agile pods: what they are and what they do.
- Objections to not having a specific scope and how they’re handled.
- Which KPI’s Jeremy uses to keep track of his team.
- The secret to getting large clients like Google and Facebook.
- How to give bonuses to positions like developers.
- Best advice ever received: Bucking the concept that work isn’t supposed to be fun.
- Habit that contributes to success: Obsessiveness.
- Recommended tools: Jira
- Recommended book: Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice as much in Half the Time by Jeff Sutherland
- Run time: 33:50
- Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice as much in Half the Time by Jeff Sutherland
- “I had to figure out my own value in the company.”
- “What we’re selling is the process.”
- “We have missed some opportunities because we wouldn’t put a fixed price on something.”
- “Being okay with it isn’t something that I’ve just arrived at.”
- “The mindset was always: doing good work with good people.”
- Keeping a simple, positive mindset will help bolster the growth of your business and the happiness of your team.