E160: How Mike Arce Leveraged Positive Habits to Scale Past 2,000 Clients
Build websites faster and make clients happier with Zephyr CMS (sponsored).
Unlimited WordPress tasks for digital agencies at a fixed monthly cost with UnlimitedWP, get 25% your first month with code “das2020” (sponsored).
Mike Arce is the Founder/CEO of Loud Rumor, an agency that’s served over 2,000 fitness studios and wellness companies throughout the world. After spending 7 years in the fitness industry himself, Mike started an ad agency in 2009, and in 2016 he began exclusively working with fitness studios and wellness companies. Mike is also the host of top fitness business podcast, The GSD Show, top entrepreneur podcast, The GOAT Show, and of a top fitness studio business conference, GSDCON.
- How Mike’s company has grown to 46 employees and maintained great results—in both numbers and culture.
- How Mike has helped his fitness space clients keep going during COVID shutdowns.
- How Loud Rumor has changed things to function during the pandemic.
- How the economy has exposed people that were never meant to be business owners.
- How to invest, save, and have more energy—and how Kobe and Michael Jordan make it happen.
- On being coachable and capable of evolution.
- Best advice ever received: Michael Jordan – Practice like you’ve never won and play like you’ve never lost.
- Habit that contributes to success: Waking up early.
- Recommended tools: Asana
- Recommended book: Compound Effect by Darren Hardy and Limitless by Jim Kwik
- Run time: 42:19
- Agency GSD program – @mikearcelive on Instagram
- Loud Rumor
- Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
- Limitless by Jim Kwik
- “What do I really love? What do I care about?”
- “Niching in a market doesn’t close opportunity.”
- “In 18 months we went to 500 after niching.”
- “Who knows if they’re going to open back up.”
- “A lot of people thought they were really good at what they did. They were bowling with the bumpers on.”
- “The gutters were never an issue with them in the first place.”
- “You don’t just turn not lazy.”
- “You learn to learn better.”
- “You find what you’re looking for.”
- Know you need to constantly change and evolve for success. Just do it for a reason.
- The cost of NOT learning things is greater than the cost to learn them.
- Imagine that you’re on a reality show 24/7 to step up your game and be a better person.