Sales & Proposal Workshop w/ Brent Weaver
E137: Level up your content game with writing guru Abby Wood
Build websites faster and make clients happier with Zephyr CMS (sponsored).
Unlimited WordPress tasks for digital agencies at a fixed monthly cost with UnlimitedWP, get 25% your first month with code “das2020” (sponsored).
Abby Wood is the founder of The Content Lab and co-founder of Ireland Website Design.
She helps digital agency owners get their time back, keep their customers happy, and increase their profits through innovative content strategy and copywriting services.
At 20, she emigrated to Ireland. At 29, she won Ireland’s Best Young Entrepreneur.
Abby is a UACADEMY member.
- Why Abby decided to launch The Content Lab, and how it went from a department in Ireland Website Design to its own agency.
- What it’s like to work with a spouse, and start an agency away from your work together.
- Abby’s take on a human connection found in writing great content. It’s a bonus that it helps clients achieve their goals!
- What Abby thinks of “the hard sell” in content writing.
- Level up your content! Mistakes that agencies can avoid in the content writing process.
- What has been the most valuable part of working with UGURUS for the last few years.
- Run time: 36:38
- Best advice received: Trust your instincts and believe in yourself.
- Habit that contributes to success: Be like a dog with a bone and don’t give up.
- Recommended tools: Teamwork
- Recommended book: Content Strategy for the Web by Christina Halvorson
- The Content Lab
- Content guidelines and questionnaire if you email – [email protected]
- Ireland Website Design
- Content Strategy for the Web by Christina Halvorson
- “Content is my passion and it’s what I want to focus on 100%.”
- “Holy moly, working with a spouse is something else entirely!”
- “We live and breathe work.”
- “Content for me…it’s such a massive part of the online world now.”
- “Showing them that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.”
- “What keeps the end-user up at night?”
- “They don’t want the drill—they want the hole.”
- “Design and content go hand-in-hand.”
- “You’re speaking to the individual reader rather than speaking to the web.”
- “You can get so stuck in the day-to-day.”
- Stick to your process when getting content done. You’re the expert!