Sales & Proposal Workshop w/ Brent Weaver
E129: Focusing, adapting, and the future of the web with Itai Sadan
Unlimited WordPress tasks for digital agencies at a fixed monthly cost with UnlimitedWP, get 25% your first month with code “das2020” (sponsored).
Itai Sadan Sadan is the CEO of Duda, a Silicon Valley-based web design and development platform that specializes in enabling agencies to build better-performing websites and progressive web apps, with a superior design, collaboration, and communication experience. Sadan started the company in 2008 from his garage in Mountain View, CA, with his high school friend, Amir Glatt, who is now CTO.
- How Itai faced challenges of standing out when getting started with Duda.
- How Itai decided to focus on the digital agency market.
- How Itai cascaded the message of Duda’s focus to the rest of the company—and to clients.
- Duda is doing well in many countries—except this one.
- Why Itai thinks he’s able to adapt and manage change, even when things don’t work out.
- What’s the future of the web? Is it “dead”? Itai weighs in.
- Run time: 39:40
- Best advice ever received: Higher well—great people will build your company.
- Habit that contributes to success: “Being calm. I don’t get stressed very easily.”
- Recommended tools: Just Watch – helps pick streaming service
- Recommended book: Ayn Rand’s Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged
- “It would have been a little strange to have people come and work inside of your garage.”
- “Wordpress is more the android.”
- “Agencies that scale—that’s what they need.”
- “It’s your role to navigate the ship.”
- “Focus is choosing what not to do.”
- “You need to be able to cut your losses and move on.”
- “You’re managing a portfolio of bets.”
- Narrow your focus! It will help you stand out and compete if you pick a niche. And take your time cascading the message to clients.