E116: A Mobile App’s Journey: From Spark to Market Fit with Om Suthar
We’re excited to announce that SEO Brothers and Opteo have partnered with UGURUS as sponsors of our show.
Om Suthar has designed products, apps, and services internationally, as well as published 10+ patents. He’s now working to help others build their physical, financial, and emotional well-being with his app, Sqrl.
Join us as we chat about building a product and how he’s finding product/market fit in a world that could use more good habits.
- What do you do when the product isn’t ready? Learn how Om got scrappy in testing.
- Learn Om’s process of building, testing, and adjusting.
- Learn the different mindsets of goals vs. values. (Which works for you – east or west coast?)
- Learn why Om didn’t build this product for traditional VCs.
- Find out how Om saw an opportunity in the small business world.
- Run time: 36:33
- Best advice ever received: Don’t be anyone else
- Habit that contributes to success: Gratitude expressed every morning
- Recommended book: Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Recommended tools: Notion
- Sqrl.me – can get the app from here
- Twitter – astr0mnaut
- [email protected]
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- “You start making happiness your way of being.”
- “Maybe I can figure out this product/market fit thing.”
- “I started with the problem.”
- “I just wanted to get to the core of it.”
- “People are good enough at shaming themselves.”
- “Technology shames us into this corner and we just expect it.”
- “It’s a gateway into wellbeing.”
- “Our problems don’t respect industry silos. We’re very fluid people.”
- “They will think of themselves as the market.”
- Take the time to validate your product.
- Take time to test – even if you need to improvise the process!