The Agency Accelerator Package
Direct Mail Marketing and Your Digital Agency
With Dave Fink
Hear from Dave Fink on how Direct Mail Marketing can impact your Digital Agency today.
Dave Fink thinks the best-kept secret in marketing is hiding where you least expect it—your mailbox.
Over a 20-year career, he’s generated hundreds of millions of dollars in ad revenue, powered viral sensations like Dollar Shave Club, and helped launch celebrity startups for Jessica Simpson, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, and Kate Bosworth.
Now as founder and CEO of Postie, he’s out to reinvent direct mail marketing for a digital world.
Direct Mail Marketing Episode Highlights
- What the path to Postie was like for Dave
- What has changed over the last 20 years in advertising, and how consuming marketing has evolved
- What’s “beautiful” about direct mail
- B2C is a no-brainer for direct mail—here’s how it works for B2B
- The truly unique part of Postie that has proven to support their success
- Some of the logistics needed to pull of a campaign
- At what scale does a direct mail campaign make sense?
- What if people want to “unsubscribe”?
Lightning Round with Dave Fink
- Best advice: Make sure that you’re hiring people who are smarter and more capable than you, and filling in your weaknesses
- The habit that contributes to success: Naiveté
- Recommended tool: Slack
- Recommended book: Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
Connect with Dave Fink
Dave’s website: https://postie.com/
Dave’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidlfink/
Quotes from Dave Fink
- “But I look at all of it!”
- “Users were starting to get a little frustrated with ads.”
- “This obviously came from that direct mail piece.”
- “When I’ve done direct mail….there’s very competitive pricing out there.”
- “Those are really complicated things that have really only been around for the better part of a decade.”
- “On the printing side, it’s been a race to the bottom.”
- “If this is a new channel for you, you need to put real money out there.”
Takeaways From Direct Mail Marketing
- Direct mail allows you to know the identity of those you are targeting and hearing from
- You’ll need to rethink measurement for direct mail in B2B
- Focus on performance, not cost
- Consider objection to price vs. objection to budget
- Consider how people can opt out of communications
Sponsors For The Digital Agency Show
Ready for a managed hosting provider that is going to get your clients the performance, reliability, and support you need? Get started with Cloudways today with a $50 hosting credit using code “DASCW”.
Outsourcing services for digital agencies–website design & development, ecommerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M.