Direct Mail Marketing and Your Digital Agency
With Dave Fink
Hear from Dave Fink on how Direct Mail Marketing can impact your Digital Agency today.
Dave Fink thinks the best-kept secret in marketing is hiding where you least expect it—your mailbox.
Over a 20-year career, he’s generated hundreds of millions of dollars in ad revenue, powered viral sensations like Dollar Shave Club, and helped launch celebrity startups for Jessica Simpson, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, and Kate Bosworth.
Now as founder and CEO of Postie, he’s out to reinvent direct mail marketing for a digital world.
Direct Mail Marketing Episode Highlights
- What the path to Postie was like for Dave
- What has changed over the last 20 years in advertising, and how consuming marketing has evolved
- What’s “beautiful” about direct mail
- B2C is a no-brainer for direct mail—here’s how it works for B2B
- The truly unique part of Postie that has proven to support their success
- Some of the logistics needed to pull of a campaign
- At what scale does a direct mail campaign make sense?
- What if people want to “unsubscribe”?
Lightning Round with Dave Fink
- Best advice: Make sure that you’re hiring people who are smarter and more capable than you, and filling in your weaknesses
- The habit that contributes to success: Naiveté
- Recommended tool: Slack
- Recommended book: Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
Connect with Dave Fink
Dave’s website: https://postie.com/
Dave’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidlfink/
Quotes from Dave Fink
- “But I look at all of it!”
- “Users were starting to get a little frustrated with ads.”
- “This obviously came from that direct mail piece.”
- “When I’ve done direct mail….there’s very competitive pricing out there.”
- “Those are really complicated things that have really only been around for the better part of a decade.”
- “On the printing side, it’s been a race to the bottom.”
- “If this is a new channel for you, you need to put real money out there.”
Takeaways From Direct Mail Marketing
- Direct mail allows you to know the identity of those you are targeting and hearing from
- You’ll need to rethink measurement for direct mail in B2B
- Focus on performance, not cost
- Consider objection to price vs. objection to budget
- Consider how people can opt out of communications
Sponsors For The Digital Agency Show
Ready for a managed hosting provider that is going to get your clients the performance, reliability, and support you need? Get started with Cloudways today with a $50 hosting credit using code “DASCW”.
Outsourcing services for digital agencies–website design & development, ecommerce, SEO, content marketing, link building – E2M.