Podcast Guest Booking
The Digital Agency Show Guest Info & Scheduling
Thanks for agreeing to be on our Podcast.
Great Story + Insightful Teaching
Please read the instructions carefully. The scheduling link is at the bottom of the page
ABOUT THE SHOW
The Digital Agency Show is a weekly podcast where host Brent Weaver chats with today’s most successful entrepreneurs running an agency and soloist businesses in the web design, web development, and digital marketing industry. Brent also chats with high-profile entrepreneurs and other smart people that can help listeners grow their digital agency.
The purpose of each interview is to capture an entrepreneurial story and pull out lessons learned to teach our listeners how they can succeed, avoid critical mistakes, and achieve freedom in their business and life. Our goal with each episode is to focus on a single moment in time or event that happened to you. We are not covering your life story or the entire history of your business. This is not a CV or Resume review.
This moment or event could be:
- Hardcore adversity
- A big stinking failure
- An amazing success
- A mindset shift
- Taking a big risk
- Helping someone
- A business pivot
- A big client or project win
- A big client or project loss
- A problem you solved
People love to hear about:
- How you made or lost money
- How you got back time for yourself
- How you found your purpose or passion
- How you choose or nurture your relationships
Here is how a typical episode interview will go:
Brent will introduce you right when we start the recording.This will tell people who you are and what you do.
Brent will then welcome you to the show. A little banter since we will be “on air” from the start of the meeting.
Brent will ask you about the moment or event you’d like to share. It will be a “what happened” or “why is this moment important” type question. The goal is for this to be a conversational story-tell. Brent will ask questions and guide the conversation. We don’t need a play by play of what happened. Just the important and memorable points.
The best story needs:
- A character (ie. YOU!)
- Some kind of change (negative to positive, or positive to negative)
- Overcoming internal or external factors
- A pursuit of desired object, state, or outcome
NOTE: JUMP INTO THE ACTION!
Don’t worry about a lot of build-up and prestory. Take us right into the moment or situation.
Once we understand what happened, we’ll then dive into
the lessons learned portion. It’s not a bad idea to spend a little
time prior to the episode preparing this.
- What you learned
- Why it’s important
- Steps you took
- How you avoid/confront this now
- What others can do
Brent will close the episode by transitioning into our “lightning round” questions. These help us to provide additional gold nuggets and recommendations to our listener
- What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
- Which of your personal habits has contributed most to your success?
- Can you share an internet resource or tool you use regularly?
- What book would you recommend and why?
PREPARATION & TECHNICAL CHECKLIST
Your interview will be conducted via Zoom Video Conferencing.
Once you have booked your session, you will receive a second
email with a link to the Zoom room.
- Download & install Zoom prior to your session (link)
- Verify that your setup is correct and working by going to the Zoom Test Room (link)
- Make sure you have a good microphone (either headset or dedicated podcaster mic)
- No webcam necessary – audio-only interview
- Be in a quiet place with no interruptions
- Be hardwired to the internet or on GREAT wireless connection
- Be ready to tell your story
- Be ready for the lightning round questions
- Be ready with your call to action (if any)
- The recording is not live… we can take a moment or reset if needed
- It’s a good idea to have a glass of water
- MAKE SURE NOTIFICATIONS & SOUNDS ARE TURNED OFF
PLEASE NOTE: Your interview will begin as soon as you are in the Zoom room and Brent joins you. We want “fresh energy” to kickoff each show and find that happens best when we get right into it.
If you have questions about the show, your story, or format, please email Brent ahead of time. Otherwise, we will assume that you are good to go and ready to rock the moment you connect to the interview.
Expect the interview session to last 30 minutes or less.
We air episodes weekly usually in the order we record them. When we publish your episode, we will notify you via email. Any promotion or marketing assistance you can provide – the more exposure you will get on our show.
“OK OK OK, I’ve read and understand all of the above!”
Not quite so fast. Here is the legal disclaimer you need to read and agree to prior to booking:
By agreeing to be on the Digital Agency Show, you agree to allow UGURUS to record, distribute, and disseminate the podcast in any manner we feel appropriate. You also agree to allow UGURUS to retain rights to the produced media for potential future use in speeches, books, and all other public distribution. And you agree that you aren’t a “joint author” of the Digital Agency Show and to waive any and all trademark and copyright infringement.
“Ok, now I’m ready to book my interview with Brent!”
=> PODCAST BOOKING LINK <=
PS. You are awesome.